Why Choose the Oaks Sixth Form College?
Well established over many years, The Oaks Sixth Form College provides excellent quality and breadth of choice for your KS5 progression…
- Excellent pass rates
- Over 95% of our learners progress to higher education and employment, to include apprenticeships.
- Wide range of A level & BTEC Level 2 & Level 3 study programmes: over 35 A levels & over 15 BTEC Level 3 programmes available in a wide variety of combinations.
- Our students achieve and progress better than the national average for L3 in BTEC qualifications.
- Whole day learning – proven delivery method allowing you to study subjects you enjoy in depth, whilst preparing you for university style study.
- Easy access to partner sites – assisting your independence and preparation for university as well as working life.
- Unique combination of what’s familiar and new: friends, staff and learning environments.
The Oaks Sixth Form offers the same breadth of curriculum as a college but with the many advantages of a school.
- Building on relationships – both staff and students
- A wide choice of courses
- Pastoral support
- Extensive facilities
- Lots of new and exciting opportunities available
Our sites have excellent facilities including:
- ICT suites
- Drama Theatres and Dance Studios
- Music Technology Suites
- Specialist Art and Design facilities
- Dedicated Science facilities
- Sports facilities
Exclusive study areas for sixth formers
Students will take a Study Programme from September 2013. This will include substantial academic or vocational qualifications; work experience or work related learning as appropriate. You will continue to study maths and English if you did not achieve these at GCSE by age 16.
A wealth of Level 2 and Level 3 subjects are available through The Oaks Sixth Form, in the following areas:
|Art||Art & Design|
|Applied Business||Applied Science / Medical Science|
|Biology||Business / Business Studies|
|English Lit/Lang||Extended Project|
|Fine Art||Forensic Science|
|French||Functional Skills – Maths and English|
|General Studies||Health and Social Care|
|IFS / Personal Finance||Law|
|Mathematics / Statistics / Mechanics||Media / Media Studies / Creative Media|
|Performing Arts||Philosophy and Ethics / Religious Studies|
|Photography||Physical Education (P.E.)|
|Travel and Tourism|
You may support your programme of study with additional enrichment activities and qualifications including: Community Sports Leaders Award, Duke of Edinburgh’s Award etc and some carry UCAS points – always useful when applying to university or for work.
Please remember not all courses are delivered at all centres. The offer is likely to expand and is subject to change.
Find out what our students say about their experience of The Oaks Sixth Form: Case Studies.
Find out about our Facilities.